I have been working on the draft of Money and Macroeconomic Dynamics, and its system dynamics models since 2003. Latest Edition 4.0 (draft, 596pages) is completed on January 26, 2019. The book describes macroeconomic system design (caled public money system) in Part IV for sustainable futures in place of the current debt money systems of macroeconomy in Part II and III. Specifically public money system is proposed to be the solution for the on-going financial and national debt crises that cannot be overcome by the existing macroeconomic policies.
Part V proposes Electronic Public Money (EPM) as money of the futrues in the age of blockchain revolution.
The original book is not available (out of stock, sorry for inconvenience) from the Amazon, Japan (in English) at
http://www.amazon.co.jp (Category: Japanese Books, Keyword: Kaoru Yamaguchi)
(In case of order difficulty, call Japan Custormer Service at 81-11-330-3000, then press 4)
Yet, its text and diagrams are still freely downloaded for the convenience of readers.
Money and Macroeconomic Dynamics
Accounting System Dynamics Approach -
on Jan, 26, 2019 (free PDF on-line version
Off-Rad Journey for A Better World (Contents included)
Preface to Edition 4.0 (new)
|Part I: Accounting System Dynamics|
Dynamics (Figures 1)
models 1) Model
||Demand and Supply (Figures 2) (SD models 2)|
|Chapter3||Accounting System Dynamics (Revised) (Figures 3) (SD models 3)|
|Part II: Macroeconomic Systems of Debt Money|
|Chapter4||Macroeconomic System Overview (Figures 4) (SD models 4)|
|Chapter5||Money and Its Creation (Revised) (Figures 5) (SD models 5)|
|Chapter6||Interest and Equity (Figures 6) (SD models 6)|
|Chapter7||Aggregate Demand Equilibria (Figures 7) (SD models 7)|
of Real and Monetary Economies (Figures
8) (SD model 8)
Macroeconomic System (Figures
9) (SD model 9)
|Part III: Open Macroeconomic Systems of Debt Money|
of Payments and Foreign Exchange (Figures
10) (SD model 10)
Macroeconomies as A Closed System (Figures
11) (SD model 11)
|Part IV: Macroeconomic System of Public Money|
|Chapter12||Designing A Public Money System (Figures 12) (SD model 12)|
of A Public Money System (Figures
13) (SD model 13)
and Financial Stability (Figures
Money and Sustainability (Figures
to the Public Money System (Figures
Public Money (New)
All SD Macroeconomic Models are attached to the book in CD.
In case SD models do not run, contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
System Dynamics - Guest Lectures
at the Graduate School of System Design and Management, Keio University, Tokyo, Feb. 3, 2014
(Video Presentation 2013)
This book, as a synthesis of the books by Fisher and Keynes in 1935, will revolutionize the way we analyze macroeconomic behaviors, and give us a hope for building an alternative economic system which will be free from the current financial and debt crises.
Irving Fisher. 100% Money, The City Printing Company, New Haven, 1935.
John M. Keynes. The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, Preface, December 13, 1935.
1. Robust and comprehensive analytical method of the Accounting System Dynamics is applied for the first time in macroeconomic analysis.
System: robust double-entry booking foundation of social science. science.
- System Dynamics: dynamic foundation of differential equations in natural
Money always sits in the center of the macroeconomic analysis,
allowing an inquiry into dynamic macroeconomic behaviors that have
been unattainable under a traditional approach of money as an
incidental addition to the economy.
3. Current macroeconomic system is identified as a debt money system whose structure causes not only recessions and unemployment, but also financial and debt crises. To avoid these economic instabilities and disasters, an alternative system is proposed as a public money system, and comparative analyses of these two systems are conducted.
4. All analyses are based on the simulations of the system dynamics models included in the attached CD, so that readers can confirm them easily by running simulations by themselves. In addition they can perform their own scenario analyses on the basis of their own economic interests and economic hypotheses.
5. All models are built with standard frameworks found in macroeconomic textbooks, so that they can be easily expanded to the readers' behavioral sophistications as well as their case studies of real economies.
The original book is out of print from the Amazon, Japan (in English)
at http://www.amazon.co.jp (Category: Japanese Books, Keyword: Kaoru Yamaguchi)