I have been working on the draft of Money and Macroeconomic Dynamics, and its system dynamics models since 2003. Latest Edition 2.0 (draft, 506pages) is completed in September 2, 2014. The book describes macroeconomic system design (called public money system) in Part IV for sustainable futures in place of the current debt money systems of macroeconomy in Part II and III. Specifically public money system is proposed to be the solution for the on-going financial and national debt crises that cannot be overcome by the existing macroeconomic policies.
The original book is not available (out of stock, sorry for inconvenience) from the Amazon, Japan (in English) at
http://www.amazon.co.jp (Category: Japanese Books, Keyword: Kaoru Yamaguchi)
(In case of order difficulty, call Japan Custormer Service at 81-11-330-3000, then press 4)
Yet, its text and diagrams are still freely downloaded for the convenience of readers.
Money and Macroeconomic Dynamics
System Dynamics Approach -
Edition 3.1 Update on Nov. 11, 2016 (free PDF on-line version only)
|Preface||My Off-Rad Journey for A Better World (Contents included)|
|Part I: Accounting System Dynamics|
||System Dynamics (Figures
||Demand and Supply (Figures 2)
|Chapter3||Accounting System Dynamics (Revised) (Figures 3)
|Part II: Macroeconomic Systems of Debt Money|
|Chapter4||Macroeconomic System Overview (Figures 4)
|Chapter5||Money and Its Creation (Revised) (Figures 5)
|Chapter6||Interest and Equity (Figures 6)
|Chapter7||Aggregate Demand Equilibria (Figures 7)
|Chapter8||Integration of Real and Monetary Economies (Figures 8)
|Chapter9||A Macroeconomic System (Figures 9)
|Part III: Open Macroeconomic Systems of Debt Money|
|Chapter10||Balance of Payments and Foreign Exchange (Figures 10)
|Chapter11||Open Macroeconomies as A Closed System (Figures 11)
|Part IV: Macroeconomic System of Public Money|
|Chapter12||Designing A Public Money System (Figures 12)
|Chapter13||Workings of A Public Money System (Figures 13)
|Chapter14||Monetary and Financial Stability (Figures 14)
||Public Money and Sustainability (Figures 15)
||A Transition to the Public Money System (Figures 16)
| All SD Macroeconomic Models are attached to
the book in CD.
They are also available directly from the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Accounting System Dynamics - Guest Lectures
at the Graduate School of System Design and Management, Keio University, Tokyo, Feb. 3, 2014
(Video Presentation 2013)
This book, as a synthesis of the books by Fisher and Keynes in 1935, will revolutionize the way we analyze macroeconomic behaviors, and give us a hope for building an alternative economic system which will be free from the current financial and debt crises.
Irving Fisher. 100% Money, The City Printing Company, New Haven, 1935.
John M. Keynes. The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, Preface, December 13, 1935.
1. Robust and comprehensive analytical method of the Accounting System Dynamics is applied for the first time in macroeconomic analysis.
System: robust double-entry booking
foundation of social science. science.
- System Dynamics: dynamic foundation of differential equations in natural
Money always sits in the center of the
analysis, allowing an inquiry into dynamic macroeconomic behaviors
that have been unattainable under a traditional approach of money as an
incidental addition to the economy.
3. Current macroeconomic system is identified as a debt money system whose structure causes not only recessions and unemployment, but also financial and debt crises. To avoid these economic instabilities and disasters, an alternative system is proposed as a public money system, and comparative analyses of these two systems are conducted.
4. All analyses are based on the simulations of the system dynamics models included in the attached CD, so that readers can confirm them easily by running simulations by themselves. In addition they can perform their own scenario analyses on the basis of their own economic interests and economic hypotheses.
5. All models are built with standard frameworks found in macroeconomic textbooks, so that they can be easily expanded to the readers' behavioral sophistications as well as their case studies of real economies.
The original book is out of print from the Amazon, Japan (in English)
at http://www.amazon.co.jp (Category: Japanese Books, Keyword: Kaoru Yamaguchi)